Dear Esteemed Client:
The two sources of greatest potential happiness for me are productive work and love.
Through the productive use of my mind and brawn, I gain control over my existence and experience the pleasure and pride of efficacy.
Through my demonstrative “love” for you, I gain the ultimate emotional reward for my efficacy and worth.
I gain the reward for my efficacy and worth not merely as your dry cleaner, but wider: as a person—the reward and celebration of myself and what I have made of myself, i.e., becoming an innovator in Nigeria’s laundry and wardrobe industry.
My relationship with you is a shining model of strong companionship considering the fact that business-client divorce rate in the northern hemisphere is above 70 percent, and fast rising in Nigeria, too.
Let me give you something to think about
- A typical business hears from only 4 percent of its dissatisfied customers. The other 96 percent just quietly go away, and 91 percent will never come back.
- A survey on “Why customers quit” found the following:
- 3 percent move away
- 5 percent develop other friendships
- 9 percent leave for competitive reasons
- 14 percent are dissatisfied with the product/service
- 68 percent quit because of an attitude of indifference towards the customer by the owner, manager, or some employee.
A typically dissatisfied customer will tell eight to ten people about her problem. One in five will tell twenty. It takes twelve positive service incidents to make up for one negative incident.
The general data on why customers quit is so abundant it wouldn’t contain an encyclopedia of several volumes.
Going forward, I owe providence a debt of gratitude for bringing you into my life; for giving me the opportunity to serve you.
Every transaction represents a serious emotional gain for me, and motivates me to cultivate a transformational relationship with you. It also reminds me not to take you for granted as you are not an interruption to my work but the purpose for it.
Every time you complain of poor service, it reminds me of the only two things you buy from me: good feelings, and solutions to your sartorial problems. This is the reason for my relentless pursuit of perfection as you will get better only when I do.
I have made the five best ways to keep you coming back—being reliable; being credible; being attractive; being responsive; and being empathetic—my core values.
Finally, it is the knowledge and actions I take to satisfy your implied and expressed wants that bring me success.
You are the only reason why my business exists.
From Rotimi MUDE, have a Happy Valentine’s Day!